Yield: 1 Cocktail
Floral and delicately fragrant lavender balanced by the distinct sweet-tart flavour of blueberry liqueur make up this elegant coupe cocktail.
- 1 oz Lavender-Infused Gin (instructions below)
- 3/4 oz blueberry liqueur, such as from Ironworks Distillery or Distillerie Fils du Roy
- 1/4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup (instructions below)
- Large handful of ice cubes
- 2 oz chilled sparkling wine
- 1 fresh lavender sprig, for garnish (optional)
- Make Lavender-Infused Gin: Pour 1 cup gin into sterilized jar. Add 3/4 tsp dried lavender buds. Shake, then let stand to infuse for 6 hours. Fine strain through a coffee filter-lined funnel into a sterilized jar. Makes 8oz (1 cup)
- Make Simple Syrup: Stir 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Set over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Makes 12 oz (1 1/2 cups)
- Pour gin, liqueur, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Double strain through a Hawthorne strainer and a fine-mesh strainer into a chilled coupe glass.
- Top with sparkling wine. If using lavender garnish, float overtop.
"Lavender-Blueberry Sparkler" from A FIELD GUIDE TO CANADIAN COCKTAILS by Scott McCallum and Victoria Walsh, Copyright 2015 Scott McCallum and Victoria Walsh and photography copyright 2015 Juan Luna. Reprinted by permission of Appetite by Random House, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. All rights reserved.