Chocolate Raspberry Torte
Fresh juicy Ontario raspberries play a starring role in this dessert as they crown a velvety chocolate base - a magnificent combination! This torte is best eaten the day after it is made. Serve with whipped cream.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 hours, 35minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cocoa powder
- 1tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1 Ontario Egg beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Ontario Milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) Ontario Raspberries
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated orange rind
In large bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, combine sour cream, egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, gently combine 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of raspberries, brown sugar and orange rind. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; mix well. Spread batter evenly into greased 9-inch (2.5 ml) springform pan. Spoon raspberries over top, leaving 12-inch (1 cm) border uncovered.
Bake in 350F (180C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean; let cool. (Raspberry centre will seem wet but will firm up as torte cools) Cover with plastic wrap, chill for at least 4 hours or for up to 24 hours. To serve, top with remaining raspberries.
Protein: 8 grams
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrate: 65 grams
SOURCE: Foodland Ontario